QCheckers - formerly known as KCheckers
Qt-based checkers boardgame
This is the homepage of QCheckers, the Qt version of the classic
boardgame "checkers". This game is also known as "draughts".
QCheckers is distributed under the
Project on SourceForge.net.
2007-07-23 Artur Wiebe
* Start moving project to sourceforge.net.
2005-12-19 Artur Wiebe
* QCheckers 0.8 released.
Old news can be found at http://kcheckers.org/ (no longer available).
See "Downloads" for various versions. QCheckers up to version 0.6 requires the threaded version of Qt 3.0 library. From 0.6 you can download a corresponding GPG signature file to verify file's integrity.
- Pure Qt.
- Built-in checkers engine.
- English and Russian rules of play.
- Beginner, Novice, Average, Good, Expert and Master levels of skill.
- Several themes of the board.
- Portable Draughts Notation database format support.
- Saving, loading and restarting of game.
- Auto change of the men's color.
- Multiple Undos/Redos.
- Optional numeration of the board.
- The on-line description of the play's rules.
- Threads support.
- Internationalization support (English, German, Russian and French).
(click to enlarge)
|Latest QCheckers 0.8
||On KDE Desktop:
||In Qtopia Environment:
- Animation of movement.
- Network Support. Peter Chiocchetti (from the XCheckers' Project) and I (Artur Wiebe) thinking about programming a checkers server or some tools to "generate" a such one.
Rules of Play
- In the beginning of game you have 12 checkers (men).
- The men move forward only. The men can capture:
- by jumping forward only (english rules);
- by jumping forward or backward (russian rules).
- A man which reaches the far side of the board becomes a king.
- The kings move forward or backward:
- to one square only (english rules);
- to any number of squares (russian rules).
- The kings capture by jumping forward or backward.
- Whenever a player is able to make a capture he must do so.
- Andi Peredri
- original author, artist, designer, russian translation.
- Artur Wiebe
- current maintainer and developer, german translation.
Last modified Thu Jul 26 08:46:15 UTC 2007